Compétences requises :
Python, C++,Linux , ROS, network integration, IOT
The project focuses on the integration of technologies and novel human-machine interface in a help desk or reception desk.
The main objective is to provide new forms of interaction between the customer and the desk and to enhance the user experience. The desk is manufactured by a
professional woodworker: the use of wood as the main material and the design and the aesthetics of the system are key issues.
Design and development of the first prototype of a social, intelligent and connected help desk.
Simona D’Attanasio, Thierry Sotiropoulos, Rachid Alami – CHIRA 2019, 3th International Conference on Computer-Human Interaction Research and Applications, Vienna, Austria, September 20-21, 2019.
Research objectives :
- Integration of robotic technologies
- Development of a new concept and architecture of help desk
- Integration of social behaviour
- Integration in woodworking of robotic technologies
Skills applied :
- Sensors and actuators integration: mechatronic and design aspects
- Sensor system development
- ROS architecture for system control
- Multimodal human-machine interfaces integration
- Machine learning classification algorithms with OpenPose
Design and development of a robotic based test bench for spatial applications.
The system is based on an industrial robotic arm. It is designed to assist the tests of satellite antennas in laboratory and provide zero-gravity simulation by lifting the weight of the antenna during the whole opening process. The system is able to detect and follow the movement of the centre of gravity of the mechanical structure with a precision less than 1mm.
Development of a Sensing System for Zero Gravity Simulation Using a Robot Manipultor to Test Antenna Reflector Unfolding in Satellites.
Simona D’Attanasio, Jerôme Charron (Airbus D&S). Proceedings of the 4th IFToMM Symposium on Mechanism Design for Robotics – Springer. Udine, Italy, 11-13 September, 2018.
Requested profile for a Master Thesis
- Programming skill in Python and C++ in Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of ROS
- Knowledge of network integration and IoT
- Open and ready to interact with other field of engineering as electronics and mechanics
- Capable to work in multi-competence team. Able to coordinate the work of several students
- Curious and open on innovation
- Experience in the redaction of scientific articles